What's happening at Small Middle School
First Week of School!
We are 3 days away from setting sail on the S.S. Smallville for what is shaping up to be the most joyous voyage imaginable! As the captain of this ship, I know my crew is in tip-top shape as we prepare for any situation whilst at sea. Whether we are to batten down the hatches, or engage at full speed ahead towards the bright horizon of Academia, the experience and skill of my able seamen will ensure the safety of our beloved passengers; your students.
Avast! This one hard metaphor to continue. I hope you will forgive be as I depart it and simply say we are ready. We are trained. We are consummate professionals and cannot wait to greet your student early on Tuesday morning.
Your student’s first class of the day will be PRIDE (advisory) and that is where h/she will receive their schedule. To find out which PRIDE they are to attend, check the color-coded lists (6th Grade Green, 7th Grade Blue, 8th Grade Purple) hanging outside and inside the cafeteria. While they are all getting to know one another in PRIDE, I will be hosting a Java with Joy coffee talk with the PTA in the cafeteria at 8:15 a.m. Please swing on by to hoist a cup and say “howdy” as we start everyone’s best school year off in style.
Make sure your student is waking up early so they can be prepared to hit the ground running next week. Lots to learn, and lots to share, so we need them present, prepped, and prepared for the fun!
Have a great last weekend of summer, and don’t forget to email, call, or even swing by if you ever have any questions or concerns.
Clint Small Middle School
Follow me on Twitter: @smallprincipal
Please make sure you have completed the physical packet.
Turn in the form to the Coaches.
The online portion MUST also be completed prior to any student trying out or participating in any sport.
Go to austinisd.rankonesport.com
Enter your students ID number as it is shown on report card.
Contact info and Signature page need to be completed
Students and parents must sign at the same time.
Parent Band Meeting
Beginning Band Parent & Student Meeting
Thursday, August 29
6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Students need to attend with their parents!
Join the PTA and show your support for Small Middle School!
Hello World will be offered at our school for the first time this Fall 2019 as an after-school program! Hello World (https://www.helloworldstudio.org/) is a computer science / coding program comprised of engineers from companies including Amazon, Apple, and Facebook. All courses are taught by professional software engineers, AI architects, and data scientists and are modeled after college computer science courses, particularly those at Rice University, a partnering institution.
To learn more, join Hello World for their Open House + Family Orientation on Wednesday, August 28th @ 4:00pm OR 5:00pm (choose one option) at the Small Middle School Library.
Tuesdays 3:45-5:45 pm at Small Middle School
10-week course from Tuesday, September 10 – Tuesday, November 12
Fall semester tuition: $450; 15% discount code for Cougar Club members only with code COUGARCLUB15
See Fall semester program flyer here https://www.helloworldstudio.org/s/Small-Middle-School_Fall-2019.pdf
2019-2020 Volleyball Announcements
VOLLEYBALL TRYOUTS: 3:45-5:30 P.M.
- 7TH GRADE GIRLS FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- 7TH GRADE GIRLS SECOND DAY OF SCHOOL (plan on attending both days)
- 8TH GRADE GIRLS THIRD DAY OF SCHOOL
- MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL PACKET COMPLETED AND TURNED INTO COACHES. If you do not have a physical you will not be allowed to tryout.
- Once teams are chosen, Practices will be held in the morning for ALL 7th grade teams (A,B,C) 6:45 a.m.-8:00a.m.
- All 8th grade teams (A,B,C) will practice in the afternoons 3:45-5:30
Please email Coach Hernandez with any questions. Melissa.email@example.com
ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Athletic Booster club is an important part of Small’s Athletic program. We have been a successful program because of the support we receive. The Booster club provides for equipment to all programs (the district does not provide for some equipment). The Booster club pays the stipends for our C team coaches. Small provides a C team in: Volleyball, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Cougar Running club.
The Booster club is in need of parents to help run the program.
- Co-Presidents: help with managing the Facebook page, sending out information to parents from Coaches. Overseeing all the fundraisers for the Booster Club
- Concession lead: help with purchasing items for the concessions and inventor, organizing the concession stand for the games.
- Homecoming lead: help with organizing the dance. Which includes finding DJ, chaperones, selling wristbands during all lunches and in the mornings.
- Faculty Games lead: help with selling wristbands during all lunches and in the mornings.
We need HELP with all of the positions. Please contact Coach Hernandez firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a position
Every year parents need to register their student(s) for the following school year. Please visit your PARENT CLOUD, click the “registration” tile to complete registration for the 2019-20 school year.
- Please check to make sure your contact information is up to date (any address changes will need to be made at the school)
- Please make sure your emergency contact information is up to date